Use tin foil and household materials to create a foil relief.
You will need:
– A firm piece of cardboard
– Tin foil
– Liquid glue, glue stick, and/or tape
– Textured objects like cardboard (pizza boxes work great!), buttons, string, straws… whatever you can find that will add an interesting texture to your piece!
– Water colour or acrylic paint.
Send photos of your finished piece to email@example.com
Show us! Send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org, and share them on social media using #NinaArtChallenge. We’ll share your artwork with the world in our “digital art gallery”.
Some tips for photographing your work:
– Make sure your artwork is well lit. Natural light (from a window or outside) works best!
– Try your best to take the photo straight-on to avoid weird angles. Hanging your art on a wall to take the photo works great, or you can lay your piece flat and shoot from above (but watch out for shadows!)
The Nina has suspended our programs until the COVID-19 situation has stabilized, but we’re challenging all of our artists to keep making art at home with the #NinaArtChallenge!
Because we know our artists aren’t the only people stuck at home unexpectedly right now, we’d like to invite all of our friends and followers to participate in these art challenges as well. You can sign up now to receive the #NinaArtChallenge prompts by email and create along with us.
The Nina Haggerty
Centre for the Arts
9225 118 Ave NW
Edmonton, AB T5G 0K6
Gift shop & Gallery Hours
Monday - Friday: 9AM - 3PM
Sat: 1 - 3 PM during exhibitions
Mon - Wed: 9AM-11:30AM, 12:30PM-3PM
Thu - Fri: 9AM-11:30AM
(780) 474-7611 email@example.com
the Nina News