Make a comic! Here are some tips:
- Plan out your story – what will happen in your comic?
- Think about characters and setting – who will be in your comic, where will it take place?
- Do you want to use speech bubbles or text to help tell your story, or can you tell it with pictures alone? You may need someone from your household to help you add the text, or you can contact the Nina for assistance.
- Format your comic using the template that Maddi made, or create your own by dividing your page into smaller boxes and shapes. Once you’ve done some planning, you can start sketching!
CONTEST DETAILS – DEADLINE EXTENDED!
Submit your comic before June 22 for your chance to win a prize from the Nina gift shop!
The Nina has suspended our programs until the COVID-19 situation has stabilized, but we’re challenging all of our artists to keep making art at home with the #NinaArtChallenge!
Because we know our artists aren’t the only people stuck at home unexpectedly right now, we’d like to invite all of our friends and followers to participate in these art challenges as well. You can sign up now to receive the #NinaArtChallenge prompts by email and create along with us.
The Nina Haggerty
Centre for the Arts
9225 118 Ave NW
Edmonton, AB T5G 0K6
Gift shop & Gallery Hours
Mon - Fri: 9AM -2PM
Mon - Wed: 9AM-11:30AM, 12:30PM-2PM
Thu - Fri: 9AM-11:30AM
(780) 474-7611 email@example.com
the Nina News